Friday, July 12, 2013

Manasseh


Several years ago during a severe storm, I was awakened at 3:00 a.m. by a thunderous noise that shook our entire house. Immediately, I bolted out of bed (and although not audibly) I heard a powerful voice declare to my spirit, “See how I responded to Manasseh, even after he did the things he did!” It resonated in my spirit and I will never forget it!

Remembering that Manasseh was the most evil king of Israel, I trembled at what God was trying to say to me.  I then opened the scriptures to II Chronicles 33 where it states that he led the people of Israel astray to worship false gods and did detestable things before the Lord, even sacrificing his own sons. The Lord sent prophets to warn him yet he disregarded their appeals.  Eventually, the Assyrians came and captured him, put a hook in his nose, shackles on his hands and carried him away to captivity. 

It was then that I discovered one of the most life-changing verses ever…”In his distress, he humbled himself before the Lord… and the Lord restored him to his kingdom.”  He was the only king to ever be taken captive and then restored to his throne! The story of Manasseh reveals the true heart of God…He wants to restore us back to Himself, regardless of our past!

The biggest problem with people is that they feel unworthy to be restored, but God wants to change that!  Because of the blood that Jesus shed for us on the cross, “We can go boldly before His throne in times of need!” (Hebrews 4:16).

There are many ways to humble yourself before God.  Most of the Biblical words for HEBREW worship are translated to mean “Make oneself bow down or humble oneself before the Lord.” Worship is an act of our will, our choice...it doesn’t just happen.  When we make ourselves worship or bow down, then we not only humble ourselves, but God is truly pleased in the process.

Through worship, we can have a Divine Encounter with God where He will even speak to us. Worship is our direct line to HIM.  He promises to reveal Himself whenever it is done with a humble heart.  And the best part of all…God is in the restoration business!

No comments:

Post a Comment