Thursday, June 20, 2013

Blameless



God always seems to get my attention at the most unorthodox time...during the middle of the night!  It’s a sad indictment against us when we get so consumed with our daily affairs that we don’t “tune-in” to listen to the voice of the Lord.  I will often awaken in the middle of the night with a phrase emblazoned on my mind; and even though it may not make sense at the time, I have found that when this happens God is speaking His word to minister to me.   In Job 33:14, we are told that God speaks to men in the night, to cause them to change their minds, turning them from sin, and keeping them from pride and from falling into some trap.  I know that I need God to speak to me and to protect me from sin and myself.   

Several years ago, I was awakened at 3:00am with the phrase, “The answer is on page 248.”  I wrote it down and didn’t look at it until the next day.  When I saw the note that morning, I reached for the closest book near my bed, which was my “Praise and Worship Study Bible.” I immediately turned to page 248, and there in bold print were the words, “You must be blameless before the Lord,” Deuteronomy 18:13.  I knew exactly what the Lord was saying and it wasn’t just for me, but rather, for all of us.  We have all been given a trust from the Lord with our ministry of music, and God expects us to be faithful…not only in attendance, but with our hearts and with worship that is in “Spirit and in Truth.”  And Spirit/Truth worship can only happen when we recognize our sinful nature, ask for God’s forgiveness, and walk humbly before Him.  Micah 6:8 says, “He has shown you what is good and what the Lord requires of you…to act justly, love mercy, and to walk humbly with God.”  Acting justly means to walk in righteousness, being morally and spiritually pure….to be blameless!  Loving mercy is showing compassion, and walking humbly is simply recognizing we are nothing without God’s help, and that we daily need his forgiveness.   Since God gave us our gifts in the first place, we have nothing with which we can impress Him, except by acting just, loving mercy, and walking humbly….being blameless in God’s eyes. 

May our heart be to seek God’s attention for our lives, and may we all be found innocent and above reproach…blameless before the Lord!

May the God of peace sanctify you through and through, and may your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it. I Th 5:23




No comments:

Post a Comment